Enjoy free standard shipping Australia wide on all orders.
We are a husband & wife team who are passionate about collecting, saving, sourcing and selling vintage and collectable items of all descriptions. The two of us have been known to go a little hypo when the items we source come with detailed information, provenance - history - a story, as it just adds to the the magic and mystique of the items.
Our original business which was started many years ago, 'Stasch Collectables', continues to trade as our sourcing, buying and selling business.
In May 2019 an opportunity to set up a new business became available, as the owner of the the 'Queenscliff Vintage Market' (in which we were are store holder) decided to close his business and not renew the shop lease.
In very quick time we decided to set up a new business with a strong focus on old values, principles, morals, ethics, conduct, customer service and new ideas. At the beginning of June 2019 we began to source other businesses with interesting and diverse vintage and collectable items , who also had the same set of values as us.
On the 1st July 2019 we opened the doors to our new business venture, a shop called 'Vintage and Collectables On Hesse'. At the time of opening we only had 7 individual businesses trading from our shop, as we wanted to ensure we had the right products, items and people as part of our new venture.
Now lets move forward 18 months from our opening day:
We now have 15 individual businesses selling/trading from our shop 'Vintage and Collectables On Hesse'. As these 15 businesses are a very important part of our business and we all work closely together to make 'Vintage and Collectables On Hesse' an enjoyable shop, we are all part of a team that is now known as 'The Crew'.
Our strong focus on old values, principles, morals, ethics, conduct and customer service, along with modern and new ideas, including a huge range & variety of vintage and collectable items, have been a hit with our now 10,000 + customers who visit the shop each month.
- welcomed with a hi, hello, g'day, morning or similar greeting
- not pestered, pushed, pressured or hassled for sales, you get to walk around and enjoy the items and atmosphere in the shop
- farewelled with a goodbye, see you later, bye, cheers or similar
- The Crew joke around and do not take ourselves too seriously
- The Crew enjoy our time at the shop
- The Crew love a chat - Warning: sometimes it can be hard to get away from us :-)
- The Crew enjoy hearing about customers collections and life experiences
- The Crew are not paid to staff the shop, we do so because we enjoy it
- The Crew are mainly middle aged to old, so you could say we are vintage, even antique
- The Crew hand write up every sale, no whiz bang technology here folks
- The Crew predominately write there own sales tags, labels and sticker. We retain these as our sales records (again, no whiz bang technology here folks, just a bit of sticky tape).
A quick summation of 'Vintage and Collectables On Hesse' is that we are old school, old values, old hands, pen paper pencils and sticky tape. Mmmm, seems to be a theme here. (Maybe the sticky tape is the only thing holding The Crew together..........
From 'The Crew'.